Gifts Through Your Will or Living Trust
“Preserving more redwood groves provides an atmosphere to heal, to consider one’s life, to confront the eternal.”
– Susan Vreeland, Redwood Legacy Circle Member
Your will or trust is a reflection of your values. You have the opportunity to provide for your loved ones and to create a legacy for future generations.
The most common types of bequests you may want to consider:
- Percentage – Designates the percentage of your estate you want distributed to the League.
- Specific – Designates a specific dollar amount or a specific asset to the League.
- Residual – The League will receive the remainder of your estate, or a designated percentage, after all necessary costs and bequests to others have been satisfied.
- Contingent – Assumes that you want to leave your entire estate to family and friends. However, if you outlive any beneficiary, you can instruct that the League receives that portion of the estate.