Life Income Gifts
“A charitable gift annuity actually offered a higher yield than our current investments, plus tax deductions. How could we say no to doing well by doing good?”
– Pam Rozelle, Redwood Legacy Circle Member
Save the Redwoods League is currently not licensed by the State of California to issue gift annuity contracts, however we can work with other organizations to administer such an arrangement to fully benefit our work.
For more information please contact Sharon Rabichow, Planned Giving Officer, at (415) 820-5828 or srabichow@SaveTheRedwoods.org. Thank you for protecting the redwood forest!
A charitable gift annuity is a simple agreement between you and the charity:
- You make an irrevocable contribution to the League (our minimum donation is $25,000 and you must be at least 60 years old).
- You receive fixed annual payments for the rest of your life, at an appealing rate.
- You will benefit from income and estate tax deductions and receive favorable capital gains tax treatment.
- Your gift will benefit you now and will support the League’s future work to protect the redwoods.
Charitable Remainder Trusts are very flexible and can be customized to meet your specific financial, tax, and estate planning needs:
- This variable income trust pays out a percentage of assets, valued annually.
- For your donation, you receive an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your contribution to the unitrust and savings on capital gains taxes.
- We recommend a minimum trust of $250,000.
- This fixed income trust pays out an amount that is determined when the trust is setup and never varies.
- This may be a good option if you are 78 years or older.